Build error

Apr 15, 2014 at 8:51 AM
The project could not be run with the existing items on codeplex sourcecode.
src\FileExplorer3\app\packages\Microsoft.Bcl.Build.1.0.7\tools\Microsoft.Bcl.Build.targets not found.
Coordinator
Apr 16, 2014 at 5:52 PM
Edited Apr 16, 2014 at 5:52 PM
Hello,

I have updated to include the target file as well as several dlls that I referenced from an unreachable location,
the latest build should be compilable now.

Thanks for reporting.

Regards
Joseph Leung
Apr 28, 2014 at 4:03 PM
it is impossible to compile/run any project (FileExplorer2/FileExplorer3). Many files are referenced, but not included to project, some projects could't be found etc.

Get the latest version (http://fileexplorer.codeplex.com/SourceControl/latest#), unpack it into new folder and try to build any project!
Coordinator
Apr 29, 2014 at 11:01 AM
Hello,

FileExplorer3 uses Nuget to fetch a number of libraries, you may have to enable Nuget to download those libraries to \src\FileExplorer3\app\packages directory.
For TestApp.WPF, you also have to rename Copy of AuthorizationKeys.cs to AuthorizationKeys.cs, and provide the gapi_client_secret.json (from google) file.

Would you mind to provide me more information? Thanks.

Regards
Joseph Leung

(Tested both version on VS2013 for latest build unzipped.)
Sep 14, 2014 at 5:40 PM
hello.

this seems very neat. unfortunately I can't really see for myself. even though i've the latest vs / nuget versions and i re downloaded the packages referenced by your project, nothing builds. and I mean nothing. missing assemblies (bearing your names) and a ton of errors. that's the only thing that building leads to. and I tried everything, I tried downloading from codeproject, i tried from here and I tried the nuget too.

no dice.

anyway, I've run the demo. It's much waw. :)

hope you'll get to fixing it!
Coordinator
Sep 15, 2014 at 5:19 PM
Hello

Thanks for trying FileExplorer, hope it will be useful in your project.

I found the recently added library : FileExplorer.Scripting library is missing from the source package. I forgot to update that part of the build code so it doesn't zip those files up. I cannot fix as the source code has changed, so this will be fixed in next release.

At this time please download from the following build from source control: (3.0.17.18)
https://fileexplorer.codeplex.com/SourceControl/changeset/6b1fcbdd690e

The next release will separate another library FileExplorer.UIEventHub from FileExplorer.WPF, and it will reference FileExplorer.Scripting library only.

Regards
Joseph Leung
Sep 15, 2014 at 9:55 PM
Edited Sep 15, 2014 at 9:55 PM
I was going bananas. I may be a kid programmer but... this was too much. Thank you for your quick reply! Btw, this library is absolutely amazing!
Coordinator
Sep 17, 2014 at 8:25 AM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.