MDI Application

Feb 22, 2014 at 6:07 PM
Joseph:

I would like to use FileExplorer3 as a child window of an MDI Window, which acts as the parent window (see here: https://wpfmdi.codeplex.com/).

To test it, I just made the Test.WPF project XAML a UserControl instead of a Window, because the MDI requires that all children must be UserControls (i.e. only one root, the MDI itself).

The FE3 child window does show, but no controls are visible in it.

If I want to add the FE3 as a child window to this MDI window, how would I do that?

Thank You

P.S. Sorry I put this topic in the "Issues" tab of the project; feel free to delete it.
Coordinator
Feb 23, 2014 at 8:20 AM
Hello

I have downloaded the component and tried to add mdi to my TestApp project. The reason for empty child window is because the ExplorerView has a number of ContentControl which requires Caliburn Micro to locate the View automatically. I found out that you can use Caliburn.Micro.Bind.SetModel() method (instead of setting the DataContext directly) to fix the problem.
    private void Explorer_Click(object sender, RoutedEventArgs e)
    {
        if (_profileEx == null)
            _profileEx = new FileSystemInfoExProfile(_events, _windowManager);
        var root = _profileEx.ParseAsync(System.IO.DirectoryInfoEx.DesktopDirectory.FullName).Result;
        var viewModel =  new ExplorerViewModel(_events, _windowManager, root) ;
        var view = new ExplorerView();
        Caliburn.Micro.Bind.SetModel(view, viewModel); //Set the ViewModel using this command.
        Container.Children.Add(new MdiChild
        {
            Title = "Explorer",
                            Content = view,
            Width = 500,
            Height = 334,
            Position = new Point(0, 0)
        });
    }
You can find it in the latest source code.
There's some strange behavior in the FE3's Toolbar, hopefully I can find the cause soon.

Yes you are welcomed to add any issues to Issues.

Regards
Joseph Leung
Apr 29, 2015 at 12:17 PM
lycj wrote:
There's some strange behavior in the FE3's Toolbar, hopefully I can find the cause soon.
I have a need for a file explorer that can be implemented as a user control because my app's spec calls for a tabbed UI where one of the tab contains a file explorer. I'll try your suggestion but, first, I'd like to know more about these Toolbar strange behaviours. Are you saying that there are unresolved difficulties with the Toolbar when using FE3 as a user control?